Sleeps 23 people. 'Sandcastles on Moreton' is a large beach home located close to the beachfront at Tangalooma Island Resort, with 7 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
World Class Holiday Home
“SANDCASTLES ON MORETON” is one of the most unique beach holiday homes that Australia has to offer. Beachfront, spectacular views, a dive site featuring coral and tropical fish around a group of sunken boats called the Tangalooma Wrecks. A dolphin feeding at the Resort. In season, humpback whales can sometimes be seen from the front veranda.
Being Tangalooma Resort’s most northerly property, and the only one with direct beach assess, enabling you to drive from the 4WD ferry directly into your house’s double garage within minutes of your arrival on the island. Alternatively, anchor your boat right in front and stroll up the beach to your fully air-conditioned 3 level, 7 bedroom, 6 bathroom luxury beach house.
All your holiday desires are met by this property and its location.
Like to cook? Enjoy the chef’s kitchen complete with ice-maker freezer/fridge.
Want a holiday from cooking? Dine out at one of a number of restaurants and cafes at the Resort.
Enjoy being together as a family, or make the most of the separate living areas, and spread out in this high-ceilinged breezy home with lots of natural light.
Revel in the peace and quiet of a house with no northern or eastern neighbour and only the sparkling blue waters of the Bay out in front, or take part in the myriad activities owners and their guests have access to at Tangalooma Island Resort.
Sandcastles was carefully situated to make the most of its dream location, and is big enough to allow 2 or even 3 families to share.
Top Level (see floor plan here)
5 bedrooms, main bathroom and laundry, upper level lounge/rumpus and sun-lounge deck.
Details as per Floor Plans Gallery:
- Bedroom 2: (opens onto top level sun-lounge deck) 1 x Queen bed with ensuite
- Bedroom 3: (opens onto top level sun-lounge deck): 1 x Queen bed
- Bedroom 4: 2 x Double beds each with single bed on top
- Bedroom 5: 1 x Double bed with single bed on top and 1 single bed
- Bedroom 6: (shown on layout diagram for rental purposes as “Locked Owner’s Storage’): 1 x Double bed with single bed on top and 1 single bed ) with ensuite
- Bathroom with Bath, shower and Laundry with Clothes dryer
- Upper level lounge/rumpus with 50″ TV
Mid Level (see floor plan here)
- Large Master bedroom with 1 x King Size Bed and its own kitchenette, ensuite and separate toilet. (Able to be separately rented and accessed as its own external staircase).
- Spacious open plan kitchen, dining and main floor lounge area with 50” TV, Foxtel, games and books, iphone/ipod docking stations. Open on to mid level deck with large BBQ and outdoor dining.
- Large ice-maker fridge/freezer
- Chest deep-freezer
- 2 ovens
- Large microwave
- 90 cm Gas cooktop with range hood
Ground Level (see floor plan here)
- Flat: 1 x Double bed, 1 x Single bed, ensuite, kitchenette, TV and lounging area (able to be separately rented, separate access)
- Spacious ‘mud room’ laundry and bathroom
- Double Garage, with 3 owner’s lockers available for secure storage.
- Handy to resort facilities and just a short stroll to cafes and restaurants at Tangalooma Island Resort
- Linen is not included in the rental. Guests are welcome to bring their own bed sheets and towels, or hire linen for a fee of $18.00 per person.
- Moreton Island is 40 km offshore from Brisbane and is over 97% National Park.
- The Island can be reached by passenger ferry, vehicle ferry or private boat. Four-wheel-drive (4WD) vehicles are essential for driving on the island. 4WD vehicles with high clearance and low range function are strongly recommended.
Please read important booking information here, along with all the ferry details on how to get here.