The Cape Moreton Lighthouse is a must see on the northern tip of the island and accessible via 4WD through the township of Bulwer.
The 23 metre high lighthouse was the first lighthouse built in Queensland and was lit for the first time in 1857. There is a bit of walking and stairs to reach the lighthouse, however, it's worth it!
- Built on a rocky promontory by tradesmen and convicts
- Located on the northern point of Moreton Island near North Point
- A great viewing point to watch whales migrate past
- Manta rays, dugongs, dolphins and turtles can also be seen in the waters below