Standard Booking Terms and Conditions – Moreton Island Accommodation Services
The terms and conditions of holiday letting as agreed to by both parties are as follows. Please read carefully the conditions of Holiday Letting as any departure from the same permits the owner or agent to refuse key, amend rent of premises or immediately terminate the tenancy.
- The premises are let to you for holiday purposes only for the period stated on the confirmation advice.
- The premises are available from 2.00pm on the day of arrival and are to be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure.
- All payments are to be made in full before occupancy.
- 25% is the deposit required to confirm your reservation at the time of booking. The balance is to be paid within 14 days prior to arrival, however if you have booked through Stayz you will be paid in full. Bookings taken for the Christmas holidays will require the balance to be paid by November 1st.
- Please check your receipt and contact our office immediately should there be any discrepancy. If payment is made by cheque, receipt is issued subject to such cheque being cleared. There will be a fee for dishonoured cheques.
- In the event of a cancelled booking by you, the deposit is not refundable unless the premises are rebooked for the entire period, in which case a cancellation fee of 13% of the total amount plus GST will be charged. No refund of any unused portion f a holiday booking will be made. Any incidental fees such as a Stayz booking fee and surcharges on portal and/or credit card payments are non-refundable.
- The booking is made in good faith by the agent may be subject to any change as may be notified by the owner prior to the commencement of the booking. The agent cannot accept responsibility for actions taken by the owner of the premises outside of their control. Every reasonable endeavour will be made to offer alternative accommodation should this occur.
- The deposit is accepted on the basis that the tariff quoted may be increased or the booking may be cancelled, by Moreton Island Accommodation Services, provided it is within 3 months in writing. Upon receipt of written notice, the person on the booking file has 14 days to request a full refund if they disagree with changes. After this date, all existing Terms and Conditions apply.
- The number of occupants must not exceed the number stated on the brochure or the number of beds provided, whichever is the less. Large social gatherings and overloading will render the tenant liable to instant cancellation of the booking.
- All bed, bathroom and table linen must be provided by the occupants, unless you have paid for and arranged hire linen
- The tenant/s and their visitors SHALL NOT park cars, boats or trailers on the premises, except in specific areas allowed for that purpose.
- The tenants SHALL NOT bring any pets on the premise.
- The tenant will be responsible for loss of or damages to the premises AND any items in the premises including furniture, kitchen utensils,, crockery, cutlery and fittings. The tenant will within 7 days of demand pay to our office the cost of any replacement or repair (at the discretion of the agent) of any such item damaged or lost. Furniture is not to be moved under any circumstances otherwise fees will be charged.
- Garbage bins are to be put out and bought in as required. Excess garbage should be taken to the nearest bins or a fee will come from the security bond. Any rubbish left at the property will incur a fee to the guests of removal of $45.00 per BAG.
- No responsibility is taken for occupant’s personal property left on the premises.
- No person on the premises shall be guilty of conduct that is a nuisance to others in adjoining or neighbouring properties. In apartments and units, Strata Title by-laws and regulations must be observed. In the even of the property being offered for sale the occupier agrees to allow the owner or his agent to inspect the property with prospective purchasers by appointment only.
- Guests are requested to leave the premises CLEAN, NEAT & TIDY. Please ensure benches, and floors are tidy, all washing up done and put away and all the garbage is placed in the bin provided. If BBQ’s are not left clean and free from food and grease, a fee of $40.00 will be deducted from security deposit.
- Keys are required to be left in the property or under the mat outside the front door in the case of the Deep Blue Apartments. If keys are lost, the cost of re-cutting will be borne by the tenant and paid for before departure. Please note: some keys are security coded and need to be cut by a locksmith at a higher charge.
- Guests requiring keys after normal business hours will be required to make suitable arrangements with the agency prior to arrival. After hours key fees for late arrivals, lost, locked out or misplaced keys are : ALL HOURS $50.00
- All cash deposits (including debit cards) will be refunded within reasonable time after cleaning has been completed on the said premises
- Do not dismantle smoke alarms, if you require assistance please let the office know immediately, it is a requirement of law.
- Due to newly introduced Safety Laws, you are advised that whilst you are staying in our holiday homes or units, every care should betaken to ensure any vertical blinds or curtain cords are not handled in an unsafe manner. We accept no responsibility, for any misuse of this equipment.
- Moreton Island Accommodation Services, participate in the Bad Books Register. By accepting this booking and our terms and conditions you herby agree that if you or any occupant covered by this booking, including any guests, breach our Terms and Conditions then your name, phone number and email address along with details of the breach/breaches may be disclosed to the property landlord and/or other agents participating in the Bad Books register. Moreton Island Accommodations Services, reserves the right to change a booking where a guest is registered in Bad Books.
- Upon vacating, you will be required to leave the premises CLEAN, NEAT & TIDY or a fee will be charged. All breakages and damages must be paid for. Due to newly introduced Safety Regulations – NO wading pools are permitted on any Holiday properties. (Fines are imposed for any breach)
Moreton Island Accommodation Services (we, us) understand and respect that protection of your personal information is important to you. This document sets out how we collect, use, disclose, retain and manage your privacy information and how we comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
In this policy:
(a) Credit Assistance Provider means a person or entity that provides credit assistance (for example, mortgage and finance broking) for the purposes of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth);
(b) Credit Related Information means information about your current relationship and debts with credit providers, your credit history and other information pertaining to your credit worthiness, which may be derived from a credit report about you.
(c) Related Body Corporate has the same meaning as under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
(d) Related Entity has the same meaning as under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
(e) Sensitive Information has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
(f) The meaning of any general language is not restricted by any accompanying example, and the words ‘includes’, ‘including’, ‘such as’, ‘for example’ or similar words are not words of limitation.
Why do we collect personal information and how do we use it?
(a) We offer a range of services, including providing appraisals of properties, acting as a real estate agent for the buying and selling of properties, leasing properties, and advertising properties.
(b) We collect personal information to enable us to provide our Services. This includes:
(i) processing inquiries;
(ii) facilitating the sale, purchase, advertising of properties and businesses;
(iii) recording persons entering a landlord or seller’s property (e.g. for inspection, survey or appraisal purposes);
(iv) facilitating the leasing of properties (including advertising the properties) and acting as property manager;
(v) complying with our legal obligations;
(vi) maintaining and updating our business infrastructure and systems;
(vii) statistical purposes;
(viii) promoting and advertising our business, products and services;
(c) If we do not collect the personal information or if any of the personal information you provide is incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide the Services or those Services may be compromised.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect will depend on the Service or Services we provide to you. It may include:
(a) your name, residential or business address, contact phone numbers, email address;
(b) family details;
(c) employment details;
(e) the value of your property;
(f) insurance details;
(h) Sensitive Information;
(k) references (e.g. to support rental arrangements);
(l) copies of photo identification (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, student ID); or
(m) any other personal information relevant to the Service we are providing to you.
How do we collect personal information?
(a) We aim to collect personal information directly from you.
(b) We also collect personal information:
(i) from your representatives (e.g. solicitor, accountant or financial adviser);
(ii) when sent to us by email or other communication from third parties;
(iii) from publicly available sources of information including social media;
(iv) when we are required to do so by law;
(ix) from our own records.
(c) If you supply personal information to us about another person, you represent and we accept it on the basis that you are authorised to do so and that the relevant person has consented to the disclosure to us.
Considerations when you send information to us
(a) While we do all we can to protect your privacy, including investing in specialist security software, no data transfer over the Internet is 100% secure.
(b) If you provide personal information to us electronically, there are ways you can help maintain the security of the information. These include:
(i) always close your browser when you have finished your user session;
(ii) do not provide personal information by using a public computer; and
(iii) never disclosing your user name and password to another person.
(c) You are responsible for all actions taken using your username, email or password. If at any time you believe your username or password have been compromised, change your password and contact us immediately.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in certain circumstances including:
(a) if you agree to the disclosure;
(b) when we use it for the purpose for which it was collected, e.g. as part of a sale or leasing process or in the provision of another Service;
(c) to employees, contractors and service providers who assist us in operating our business and providing our Services;
(d) in circumstances where you would reasonably be expected to consent to information of that kind being passed to a third party;
(e) where disclosure is required or permitted by law;
(f) if disclosure will prevent or lessen a serious or imminent threat to someone’s life or health; or
(h) where it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law, a law imposing a pecuniary penalty or for the protection of public revenue.
How your information is stored
(a) We take reasonable steps to securely store personal details and information. This includes electronic and physical security measures, use of password protection software.
(b) When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we will remove or de-identify the personal information as soon as reasonably possible. We may, however, retain personal information for as long as is necessary to comply with any applicable law, for the prevention of fraud, for insurance and governance purposes, in our IT back-up, for the collection of any monies owed and to resolve disputes.
How you can update, correct, or delete your personal information
(a) You may request access to your personal information or correct any inaccurate or out of date information by contacting us.
(b) You may request the source of any information we collect from a third party. We will provide this at no cost, unless under the Privacy Act or other law there is a reason for this information being withheld.
(c) If there is a reason under the Privacy Act or other law for us not to provide you with information, we will give you a written notice of refusal setting out the reasons for the refusal except to the extent it would be unreasonable to do so and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
(d) You should also contact us immediately if you believe:
(i) someone has gained access to your personal information;
(ii) we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way; or
Address: 12 William Leslie Street, Cowan Cowan. Qld. 4025
Telephone: 07 34100810
Fax: +61 7 30366416
More information about your rights and our obligations in respect to privacy and information on making a privacy complaint are available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by:
website – www.oaic.gov.au
mail – GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
email – email@example.com